Wednesday, July 22, 2009

They do things big in Texas...

I ordered lunch through Room Service yesterday. A Salmon BLT with seasonal veggies. This is what I got. I had to put my mobile phone next to the plate so you could get an idea of the SIZE of this thing. Believe it or not there's a bread roll under that slab of salmon, the giant tomatoes and the lettuce leaf. The only veg I recognised was a zucchini, so I ate all of those bits, and some red onion. There were two packets each of mayo AND mustard.

No wonder America has such an obesity problem!

This morning while having brekkie the sun was coming up on a beautiful old building in the next block, so I ducked out to take some photos. I really couldn't be in Dallas and not take some photos to prove I'd been here.

We have: The Old Red Courthouse (fondly known as Old Red) which is now a museum; The Reunion Tower and the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Unfortunately all the other landmark buildings were to the east and the sun was blasting down the street, so these are all I got.

Okay, having problems uploading so I'll upload them later, probably when I'm back in Oz.

Time to get packed up for the final time. Phew!

Bye Dallas!

No comments: