Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Up, up and away..............

In less than 9 hours now I will be putting my wings into long-distance flap mode, tying my luggage firmly on my back and leaping up into the sky above Cairns, heading for the UK and the welcoming arms of my sisters, who have no idea what they've let themselves in for. Especially the one I want to spend quality time with because I haven't seen her for ten years. My eldest sister has been over here a couple of times since I moved to Cairns but the other one has developed a 'thing' about flying.

Can't say I blame her - my left ear gives me no end of trouble. Last August I was returning from a work trip to Melbourne and after taking off from Sydney my left ear did not pop until we were over Townsville - mega-ouchies! Luckily I had a nice old chap sitting in the same row who was quite happy to talk to me all the way even though I could barely hear half of what he said, and was quite sympathetic to my problem. So in October, when I went to Canberra, I sucked on several boiled sweets which helped tremendously.

I have had it checked out by the doctor who says that it's a genetic problem (thanks, parental units!) in my eustachian tube and that I should take some Codral before I leave this arvo to dry up all mucus which should help - along with sucking on several boiled sweets!

Almost 8 hours to go - better get the packing done!

See you in the UK!

No comments: