Saturday, June 27, 2009

Safely arrived

Fifteen minutes ahead of schedule my plane landed in 14C 'heat' and I heaved a sigh of relief. The flight on the whole was good, I got a reasonable amount of sleep in spite of the large gentleman sitting beside me (I was in the aisle seat, thank goodness) who made eating breakfast rather difficult due to his elbow sticking in my side.

We only suffered one bit of turbulence, around 5 hrs out of HK - probably going over the Himalayas - which caused a minor bit of consternation. It's not very comforting for the rear end of a jumbo jet to not only go up and down in the turbulence but also side to side! I had visions of the plane wagging its tail.

My sisters were waiting, we had coffee then drove home and surprisingly I didn't fade out until around 2.30, had a couple of hours sleep then stayed up until 11pm. I also got cuddled very thoroughly by Sue's three cats - Mischief, Socks and Whisper.

Today we went into the town, bought myself a broadband dongle which is working really well, and found that my mobile phone does not want to play ball with the networks over here. Not happy, Jan!

Tomorrow is Brighton and War of the Worlds.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

Happy Birthday buddy, may you have a year full of happiness, both big and small.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Barb... also ring me at home as soon as you get this, Tony.