Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Final Outrage...

Well, I am speechless!

While overseas I had to buy another phone because mine would not work, much to my extreme annoyance. I found out why today.

I had rung Telstra to find out why it took nearly two months for a missed call to appear on my phone - no kidding, it said 15 June (!) and I had cleared all missed calls and messages from my phone before I left - but completely forgot about that and had an interesting chat with an Indian woman about why my phone didn't work overseas.

Turns out... TELSTRA NEVER TURNED ON INTERNATIONAL ROAMING ON MY PHONE!!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have a record of when I spoke to them to get it set up (at least two weeks if not a month before I departed Oz). The woman checked on my account and there was no record of when I spoke to them. If there had been then Telstra would be getting a nice letter of demand with a copy of the bill for the phone I had to buy in order to keep in touch with my husband.

Telstra is definitely not my favourite organisation right now.

No comments: